The Efficient Grain Handling Program is an energy efficiency program intended to assist producers in Alberta with reducing the overall energy use on their operations. The program will fund equipment that shows a significant energy efficiency improvement over standard practice, which includes Products from Adaptive Agriculture Solutions (including In Bin Grain Cables / Binstick, Plenum sensors, Thermostats, Bindapt One, Plus and Pro Models, and more!)
Eligible expenses will be cost-shared at 50% grant and 50% applicant.
The maximum grant funding an applicant can receive from the program is $100,000 over the program term, this includes any funding received through the previous Efficient Grain Dryer program.
• Enclosed Dryer Roof, or Enclosed Dryer Top Cover
• Automatic Moisture-based Controllers
• High-Efficiency Burners
• Variable Speed Drives (VSD) for Electric Motors
• Grain dryer PTO to Electric Motor Conversion
• Insulated Plenums
• Exhaust Air Recirculation Systems
• Heat Exchangers
• Gravity-Fill Roofs
• Electrical or gas submeters on Dryers
• Temperature and moisture monitoring cables for in-bin drying systems
• Thermostats or thermometers for plenum or burner temperature control on in-bin drying systems
• Adapter plates for efficiently fitting external heaters to in-bin drying systems
• Indirect-fired high-efficiency portable aeration dryers
• Automated bin fan control systems
• Pipeline to grain dryer – for costs incurred over and above those paid for by the Rural Gas Program to a maximum of $20k/applicant. A quote must be provided by the natural gas provider.
Program Funding is 50% of Eligible Expenses
For Full program details, please visit
Back Dated Invoices to April 2018 are eligible, Program open date was June 28, 2021.